DUBLIN ATHLETIC BOARD
Juvenile Track & Field Leagues 2023
League 1 Sunday 23nd April @ 10.30am Tallaght
League 2 Sunday 7th May @ 10.15am Tallaght
League 3 Sunday 21st May @ 10.30am Tallaght
League 4 Sunday 25th June @ 10.30am TBC
• Only athletes aged U10 – U16 are eligible to compete.
• Eligible ages: U10 (born 2014), U11 (born 2013), U12 (born 2012), U13 (born 2011), U14 (born 2010), U15 (born 2009), U16 (born 2008).
• An athlete can’t step up an age in any event (except U9 born 2015 can step up to U10).
• Registration/Entry on the day of competition - Athletes will be issued with a label/number for the respective age group on payment of €3. One official from each club should pay for and collect the labels/numbers on the day of competition.
• All competing clubs must nominate in advance at least 2 officials to assist on the day of
• Athletes may compete in all events listed in their respective age group
• Points will be awarded to the top six in each event as follows,
1st 7 points, 2nd 5 points, 3rd 4 points, 4th 3 points, 5th 2 points and 6th 1 point
• Medals will be awarded to the top 3 in each event on each competition day, and the top 3 athletes in each age group with the highest points total accumulated from the 4 league competitions will be awarded trophies.
• All middle distance track events will be decided on times.
• Field events – 3 throws, jumps per athlete.
• All competing athletes should be currently registered with the AAI for 2023. Checks may be conducted and any athlete not currently registered will be disqualified. Clubs must adhere to this condition, as non registered athletes are not insured.
• In the event of contests clashing, officials will show flexibility, ie if a competitor is involved in long jump contest and a track event/other field event is called, he/she will be facilitated to participate in both, but must inform the official(s).
• Parents and supporters are not permitted on the track or infield areas.
• Please cooperate with, abide by, and respect the decisions of the voluntary officials and organisers of the competitions.
• Everyone in attendance should help keep the facilities we use clear of rubbish. Please use rubbish bins where they are provided or bring your rubbish with you when leaving!
The programmes and event orders are subject to change to facilitate the smooth running of the competition.
The Gardai have advised, Cars parked illegally on cycle and footpaths will be fined.