See below links to cross country dates for Autumn 2023 starting Sunday 17th September and also Indoor and outdoor dates for 2024. For ages and distances download file. For 2023 for those born 2015 they compete as under 9 and other ages follow.
These championships are on various dates in July and entries will be made by Club for those that qualified from the Dublin championships. Links to dates and timetables below also available on Athletics Ireland website under juveniles and competition booklet 2023. All the events will be held in Tullamore
to enter please use following link /https://entry.athleticsireland.ie/#/ and go to competition number 798. Closing Monday 22nd May 23.55 for Day 1. For other days click links below for time tables and entry links, closing date for days 2 to 5 2nd June at 23.00
entry link Day 2 https://entry.athleticsireland.ie/813
enrty link day 3 https://entry.athleticsireland.ie/814
entry link day 4 https://entry.athleticsireland.ie/815
entry link for day 5 https://entry.athleticsireland.ie/812
Saturday 27th May 2023 in Tallaght Athletic Stadium starting 13.30
Dublin County Athletic Board Team Competition & Relay Championships for U9//10/11’s Tallaght – Saturday 27th May 2023 Starting at 13:30
U9 born 2015, u10 born 2014, u11 born 2013
Please send entry to firstname.lastname@example.org stating name, date of birth and events that you would like to enter before 15th May 22.00 hrs.
TIMETABLE AND EVENTS
9 Girls 60m 11 Girls Long Jump
9 Boys 60m 11 Boys Long Jump
10 Girls 60m 10 Girls Long Jump
10 Boys 60m 10 Boys Long Jump
11 Girls 60m 9 Girls Long Jump
11 Boys 60m 9 Boys Long Jump
9 Girls 300m 9 Girls Turbo Javelin
9 Boys 300m 9 Boys Turbo Javelin
10 Girls 500m 10 Girls Turbo Javelin
10 Boys 500m 10 Boys Turbo Javelin
11 Girls 600m 11 Girls Turbo Javelin
11Boys 600m 11 Boys Turbo Javelin
16:30 Approximately (after all other events are completed)
U10 Girls 4X100m relay
U10 Boys 4X100m relay
U9 Girls 4X100m relay
U9 Boys 4X100m relay
U11 Girls 4X100m relay
U11 Boys 4X100m relay
Finals of above if any will follow in the same order
• All individual track events will be decided on times.
• Jumps/throws decided on the longest of 3 attempts.
• Athletes compete in their own age group (U9 MUST be born 2015)
• Any Heats/Semi-Finals will be run first, followed by Finals.
• Finals will be run where there are 8 or less.
• Where there are two heats, the first 4 will qualify from each and if three heats, the first two from each and two fastest overall will qualify for the final.
• Athletes may move up ONE (1) age group only and may compete in TWO (2) relays on the day except all U9 athletes on a team MUST be born in 2015
• At least 2 members of a competing relay team must be of the correct age except U9 where all athletes MUST be born in 2015.
• Teams qualifying for Finals MUST comprise of the same panel of runners entered in Heats/Semis.
Event Order (Subject to change to facilitate the smooth running of the programme
DUBLIN ATHLETIC BOARD
Juvenile Track & Field Leagues 2023
League 1 Sunday 23nd April @ 10.30am Tallaght
League 2 Sunday 7th May @ 10.15am Tallaght
League 3 Sunday 21st May @ 10.30am Tallaght
League 4 Sunday 25th June @ 10.30am TBC
• Only athletes aged U10 – U16 are eligible to compete.
• Eligible ages: U10 (born 2014), U11 (born 2013), U12 (born 2012), U13 (born 2011), U14 (born 2010), U15 (born 2009), U16 (born 2008).
• An athlete can’t step up an age in any event (except U9 born 2015 can step up to U10).
• Registration/Entry on the day of competition - Athletes will be issued with a label/number for the respective age group on payment of €3. One official from each club should pay for and collect the labels/numbers on the day of competition.
• All competing clubs must nominate in advance at least 2 officials to assist on the day of
• Athletes may compete in all events listed in their respective age group
• Points will be awarded to the top six in each event as follows,
1st 7 points, 2nd 5 points, 3rd 4 points, 4th 3 points, 5th 2 points and 6th 1 point
• Medals will be awarded to the top 3 in each event on each competition day, and the top 3 athletes in each age group with the highest points total accumulated from the 4 league competitions will be awarded trophies.
• All middle distance track events will be decided on times.
• Field events – 3 throws, jumps per athlete.
• All competing athletes should be currently registered with the AAI for 2023. Checks may be conducted and any athlete not currently registered will be disqualified. Clubs must adhere to this condition, as non registered athletes are not insured.
• In the event of contests clashing, officials will show flexibility, ie if a competitor is involved in long jump contest and a track event/other field event is called, he/she will be facilitated to participate in both, but must inform the official(s).
• Parents and supporters are not permitted on the track or infield areas.
• Please cooperate with, abide by, and respect the decisions of the voluntary officials and organisers of the competitions.
• Everyone in attendance should help keep the facilities we use clear of rubbish. Please use rubbish bins where they are provided or bring your rubbish with you when leaving!
The programmes and event orders are subject to change to facilitate the smooth running of the competition.
The Gardai have advised, Cars parked illegally on cycle and footpaths will be fined.